Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I want to have a invisible toilet.....

Derby Stance
Over a amazing after practice get together the other night, I was listening to one of our very seasoned skaters talking about exercises to build the back of our legs up, to encourage a better stance. That super stance that not all derby-folk have... the crazy “looks like they are literally riding an invisible toilet around the track stance”. Thinking about that stance, drives me crazy because I can’t imagine it is comfortable. BUT I guess that’s because I don’t have the correct muscle strength yet. So below are some links and ideas to build our amazing backs and our amazing legs to get into a better stance. So we all ride that amazing and mystifying invisible toilet around our tracks.

Dynamic stretches

Backs
Russian twist
Plank
Plank for beginners
Combo Bridge
Knee to Chest
Extensions while Lying
Tilt
Hip Rolling

Legs
Skater
Group of great workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment